EL DESPERTAR SAI
EL DESPERTAR SAI: LORD GANESHA INMMERSED WITH FESTIVE LORD GANESHA INMMERSED WITH FESTIVE - EL DESPERTAR SAI

PLATICAS DE SATHYA SAI BABA

DIOS ES AMOR

LA VOZ DEL AVATAR

Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
EN VISTAS DINÁMICAS ABRE MÁS RÁPIDO LA PÁGINA

sábado, 22 de septiembre de 2012

LORD GANESHA INMMERSED WITH FESTIVE

Lord Ganesha Immersed with Festive Gaiety…

Friday, September 21st, 2012
Prasanthi's three day Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations, the festival of great spiritual significance, fun and frolic, culminated this evening marked with great festive exuberance.
Marked by Prasanthi's special touch of grace and gaiety, scores of Ganeshas in varied hues and contour, flanked by batches of students and staff members, marched into the Sai Kulwant Hall shortly after 1630 hrs. beginning the proceedings for the auspicious evening.
Lord Ganesha Immersed with Festive Gaiety…
The venue, Sai Kulwant Hall, bore a festive look bustling with great devotional fervour and enthusiasm anticipating the fleet of Ganeshas.
Lord Ganesha Immersed with Festive Gaiety…
Marching in, exhibiting festive hustle and bustle, Ganeshas, numbering 21, in fanciful shapes and decor, were arrayed in a disciplined order covering the entire stretch of Bhagawan's darshan pathway.
Lord Ganesha Immersed with Festive Gaiety…
This is the occasion when Prasanthi showcases Ganeshas in varied theme, displaying colourful innovative ideas with the enthusiastic devoted bunch of students putting their best to impress upon The Over Lord of Prasanthi. This year too, like previous years, the procession had all the variety of craftsmanship, depicting spiritual and social themes of relevance.
Lord Ganesha Immersed with Festive Gaiety…
Once the 'Ganeshas' were settled in their respective slots, higher secondary students lit up the already exuberant evening with a vibrant musical dance offering, dancing to the tune of a popular song, 'Sri Ganesha Deva Sri Ganesha Deva…'
Lord Ganesha Immersed with Festive Gaiety…
After Mangala Arathi offering to the Ganeshas each group went round the Sanctum Sanctorum. Subsequently each of the Ganesha was brought to the Sanctum Sanctorum, presenting to the Over Lord, before retreating for immersion. The whole exercise was over in an hour.
Lord Ganesha Immersed with Festive Gaiety…
Bhajans continued for the next 30 minutes and Mangala Arathi was offered at 1800 hrs.
II Samasta Lokah Sukhino Bhavantu II
sourced:
 
The Sunday Talk Given by Prof. Anil Kumar
"Sai Mission and Sai Vision"
July 22, 2012
OM…OM…OM…
Sai Ram
With Pranams at the Lotus Feet of Bhagavan,
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
the purpose of sai mission–to reALise the divinity within
I welcome you all to this morning's session. The topic for this morning is "Sai Mission and Sai Vision". The whole of the Sai mission can be summed up in one statement: "Sai mission is to realise the Divinity within."
To experience the Divinity within is the whole purpose, sole purpose and chief aim of the Sai mission. No matter what activities we do, they will always be for the realisation and experience of the Divinity within. (Please excuse me for repeating the main point again, but I want to impress upon you now more than ever that we need to know and realise the Divinity within.)
darshan, sparshan and sambHashan
So far, our sadhana or spiritual practice has consisted of only three elements. What are they? First, darshan or seeing Bhagavan; second, sparshan or touching Bhagavan (padanamaskar); and third, sambhashan or having an interview or listening to HIs Divine voice. These have been our only three spiritual practices so far. All of us consider the people who have attained these three to be the luckiest people. No doubt, it has been true until now. We thought that because of these three—darshan, sparshan and sambhashan—we are highly spiritual.
Now, with the withdrawal of Bhagavan from His physical body, what do you mean by darshan? When Swami is not in the physical body, where is it that you will take His darshan? Some people are hoping that He will come back in the same body, in the same form.
Many people are asking me, "Anil Kumar, is it true that Swami is returning?"
My answer is, "He has not gone anywhere, so how can He return?" The one who has gone may return or may not return; but He has not gone!
Some people have even said that He will come back in the same form. One elderly person said to me, "You are a fool if you don't believe it!" I am glad that there is another person who thinks I'm a fool. Good! Why not? I appreciate the depth of his devotion which I lack.
god will never transgress the laws of nature
Baba has stressed this one point: that God will never disobey nor transgress the laws of nature. Why not? Because the laws of nature are designed by Him. The laws designed by Him cannot be disobeyed even by Him.
Baba gives us an example. A police officer will have to make sure that while driving in traffic, we keep to the left. (Of course, in the USA we keep to the right, but here we keep to the left in India.)
A police officer has to enforce this law, and the funny thing is that even the police officer has to keep to the left. He cannot say, "I am police officer, so I can keep to the right!" The police officer, who has to enforce this traffic regulation also has to keep to the left himself. He cannot disobey the law. This example is given by Baba. It is not my example. (I am not capable of that yet!)
baba has not gone anwhere
So when Baba said that God will never disobey or cross the laws of nature, He meant it for Himself as well. In the year 1988, He had a fall which resulted in a fracture near the pelvic region. But shortly thereafter, He stood and gave a talk in the Poornachandra Auditorium on the occasion of the Onam festival.
What did He say in that talk? He said, "I fell in the bathroom. I slipped on the soap and got a fracture here." Then He added, "You may wonder why Baba should fall. You may be thinking, 'But He is God! Why should He fall? Would God fall like that?' "
Then Baba gave the answer: "The earth pulls you down, and that's called 'gravity'. This capacity to pull you down (gravity) is God's will. It is God who gave the earth this gravitational force which pulls you down. It will pull anybody down—God or a demon or the devil—anybody! He has given this capacity to the earth. So He is subject to the law of gravity also. Having given the power of gravitational force to Mother Earth, God is also forced to fall, because of this gravity." Then He said, "Even God cannot disobey the laws of nature because they are His laws."
Therefore my friends, if anyone asks you what you think about the return of Baba, your answer should be: "He has not gone anywhere, so how can He return?" That is the best answer. The second best answer is, as Baba has said, the laws of nature will never be transgressed, even by God Himself. He will follow His own laws. That you can also say.
So, in that context, I may tell my friends that the Sai mission aims for one to experience the Divinity within. All of our activities, whatever they may be, whether educational, service activities, or spiritual activities, all are to realise the Divinity within. That is the mission of Sai. So until we do this, we have not fulfilled His mission.
the future of the sai organisation
The second part is Sai vision. How should we act now that Swami has withdrawn from the physical body? How should we behave? This is a serious question that comes to the mind of every Sai devotee. I thought about it, noted some points, and I am glad to share them with you. I am known for my frankness, and because of that I have had to face some problems. But it is too late for me to change!
Radio Sai celebrated the first anniversary of its broadcasting in Telugu. They have now completed one year! And to celebrate their anniversary, they arranged to air a number of talks continuing from morning to evening.
Due to their bad luck or my good luck or both, they gave me half-an-hour to speak. The point is that they should have given me any other topic than the one they gave me! I was asked to speak on "The Future of the Sai Organisation, The Future of the Sai Mission," regarding how we should be in the future. So that is the topic they gave me.
I told them gently and with folded hands, "You have given me a dangerous topic. I will speak a great deal and very openly on this topic. You may feel hurt about what I say, so you are still free to change the topic."
They said, "No uncle, you should speak on that topic!"
"Why?"
"Because you have forty years of experience with Swami! Who else can speak on this topic? So you should speak!"
Facing spiritual risks or religious dangers and threats has become a habit with me over these past forty years, even in front of Bhagavan. Some other time I will speak on this separate topic: "The Spiritual Risks that Anil Kumar Has Faced"! I am ready for that now.
So here I want to share with you this morning the things I said on Radio Sai. I welcome you to disagree with me. I can also appreciate it if you say or feel that I am wrong, but these are my views about it.
gifts of love from swami are not for publicity or Propaganda
What should we talk about from here on? Shall I say that Baba gave me this ring? If so, the other fellow will say, "Shut up! What does it matter to me? He has given you the ring and not me. So what?"
Shall I say He gave me this watch? The other man will say: "Watch your words, actions, thoughts, character and heart! That is why He has given you the watch because you should be watchful of your words!" So how can I say that?
Shall I say that this is the chain He has given me? The other will say, "He has given you a chain so you are chained and in bondage!" Or shall I say that I got an interview? Then they will say, "So what?" (Laughter) Shall I say that He performed the marriages of my children? They will say, "I can get them married anywhere!" Baba is not even a priest!" Shall I say that He named my grandchildren? "So what? There are so many names! You can give any name!"
So all that we have been speaking about until now—naming ceremonies, wedding ceremonies, rings, watches, chains, interviews—we should put a big full-stop to that!
Next let's consider private, personal conversations. At home, we can talk about these things, with devotees we can talk about them, but in a large gathering with a mixed audience (where there are intellectuals, newcomers, and professionals), one must not blow one's own trumpet. No! It will only give negative results.
Why? Because among the audience there are many who have never seen Swami, many who have not seen Him at close quarters, and most of them have never had an interview. Now if you go up to the dais and say, "In the interview room Swami asked me..." they will say, "Please go to the interview room, but not here! This is a public platform!"
Therefore, I honestly feel in the core of my being, in the bottom of my heart, that we should stop this type of sharing except at private gatherings, personal meetings and family get-togethers. This should not occur on public platforms because it will give negative results. Even Baba said that these are only gifts of love, not for publicity and certainly not for propaganda. So that is the first point.
the art of self-discovery
So what should I speak about now, in the present times? Sai vision! From now on, what is it that I have to share with people?
I had the good fortune of addressing devotees in Rockford, close to Chicago. The Rockford meeting was attended by many non-devotees, university professors, engineers, doctors, and leading citizens of Rockford, U.S. Shall I tell them that Baba gave me a ring and a watch? They will shoot the man who invited me! (Laughter) They wouldn't shoot me because they can see that I only know this much. But the host must be shot! (Laughter)
So what did I choose to speak on? I spoke on, "The Art of Self-Discovery." People drove a long distance of about three to four hundred miles to listen to something spiritual, something general about Baba's message, not to hear my biography. Therefore, the topic "The Art of Self-Discovery" clicked, and so many people liked it.
Thanks to Bhagavan for the greatest blessing that He ever conferred upon me: the wisdom to know what, when and where to speak! Some people speak at public meetings where thousands attend and what do they say? "I was coming from the college and Swami was going in His car. He stopped His car and He looked at me!" What is all this? He looked at some of the buffaloes also on the side of the road! (Laughter)
You are fellows, not buffaloes. He goes on speaking like this, while another fellow says, "Swami asked me what I ate for breakfast. I said, 'Two idlis,' and Swami asked, 'Why not four?'" (Laughter) Are these the things you speak about on a public platform? (Laughter)
Please tell these things to your family only. They will feel happy and give you two more idlis if you want! This is not meant for the general public! Swami has withdrawn from His physical body, so my friends, what should we share hereafter?
share the divine promises, MESSAGES and guarantees
We should share the Divine promises with everybody. What did Baba promise? Earlier, as Krishna Avatar, He promised "Yogakshemam Vahamyaham" ("I will take care of you."), and "Moksha Ishyami Masuchah." ("I will give you the very heaven.") Those were the promises of Lord Krishna. Sathya Sai Baba has also made many, many promises. What are they?
"I will uplift you." "I will help you to realise God within." "I will bless you with spiritual experiences." "I will not leave you! You may leave Me, but I will not leave you!" "I will take care of you." "I will chase you, I will hunt you, and I will accomplish what I want to through you!" "I will definitely get these tasks done by you; you cannot run away from Me." These are some of the Divine promises and the Divine messages that we should share.
Baba spoke on social aspects emphasising unity, and on political aspects stressing that we should have principles in politics. He spoke on science, explaining that there is Divinity present in everything from the atom to the macrocosm. Baba also spoke about the spiritual heights and truths, affirming and assuring us that we are God. We should speak on these aspects as well. This is just one example that I am giving. We can develop every topic in detail like this.
And then what are the guarantees He has given us? When you buy something, they give you a guarantee card. If the fridge needs repair, the card will guarantee it for six months, two years, or even sometimes for five years. But Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba has given us a 'lifetime guarantee card'!
What is that guarantee? "I will save you wherever you are!" "I am with you, in you, above you, below you, around you!" "You are not separate from Me and I am not separate from you!" "You and I are One!"
What amazing guarantees He has given us! I have gathered so many things over the years my friends; but my only job today is to gather the Divine promises, those Divine messages of a different dimension than the various aspects of human life. These are the Divine guarantees, His 'lifetime guarantee card'!
Be with Him, He will be with you!
I am collecting and sharing this data with people wherever I go, and by Baba's Grace I get a thumping response! Immediately I say, "Thank You, Swami! This is Your message." I am only a salesman, a businessman, that's all! The product is His!
Long ago, when I was the State President in Andhra Pradesh, I was constantly on the move, going to every town and every village each weekend. Seeing me on the railway platform, a person once came to up me and said, "Are you a medical representative?" (I was carrying a briefcase so he thought I was a salesman.)
I said, "Yes, I am a medical representative, but the medicines I have with me are spiritual. I am a representative of the Sathya Sai Organisation, but you can call me a salesman or a businessman. It doesn't matter!"
Stand in front of a mirror and put a dot of vermilion (kum-kum) or some other kind of decoration on the forehead. Ah! Now see your reflection. Just move to one side and notice that you still have that dot! Now move to the other side and see that dot is still there!
This time put the dot on the mirror. Good! Move to one side, the dot is gone, and to the other side—gone. So, if you put the dot on the mirror, you will not see it when you move. But if you have it on your forehead, you can move about anywhere and you will still have it!
Praise Baba, you will be praised! Sing His glory and you will be glorified! Be with Him and He will be with you! That is the secret of success, the great secret of success!
let us speak of his DIVINITY, eternity and Avatarhood
If I go on publicising and blowing my own trumpet about the heights of my devotion, the other man may listen to me out of courtesy. But I am afraid that He may lose the little faith he has when he sees me shouting at everybody, acting highly egoistic, and calling myself a devotee. It is just ridiculous! Therefore, my friends, I beg of you to speak about Baba's Divinity.
How is Baba divine? He controlled all of the five elements. I can give you hundreds of examples of this. He could control the earth, He could control fire, He could control the water and He could prevent earthquakes. So His mastery, supremacy and domination over the five elements speaks of His Divinity!
Let us speak of His eternity. Baba is eternal—He is and He ever will be! You cannot even say that "He was!" Wrong English! God is! Baba is! Never say, "Baba was…" or "He was doing something." Sorry, you are wrong! He is ever-present, ever-continuous. That's what we have to realise—His principle of eternity! So many people are experiencing Him today! So many people find Him by their bedside or talk to Him. So speak of His Divinity, speak of His eternity!
And speak of His Avatarhood. Baba is the Avatar of the Golden Age. What do you mean by the 'Avatarhood of Sai Baba'? There are many so-called 'Avatars'. One hears, "Yes, I am an Avatar!" Oh I see! But we can also see the other side of these self-proclaimed Avatars.
sathya sai baba, the special Avatar
The Avatarhood of Baba is special and unique, please understand that! Of all the Avatars, Krishna Avatar is Poornavatar, meaning full, complete, comprehensive (with all the 16 powers). The only other Avatar that is full is Sathya Sai Baba! (Applause) Sathya Sai Baba only!
It is not my fanaticism that made me say so! I am not a fanatic, nor dogmatic, and certainly not lunatic! (Laughter) Why is Sathya Sai Baba a special Avatar? This is a very extensive topic, but I will give the highlights. Sathya Sai is a very special Avatar because no Avatar is as global or international as Sathya Sai Baba. No other Avatar!
Another thing that makes Sathya Sai Baba a special Avatar is that no other Avatar is worshipped by all religions. Christ is not worshipped by Muslims, nor is Allah worshipped by Christians. But this Avatar is worshipped by everybody, be they Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, Zoroastrian or Sikh. So Sai Baba is a very special Avatar!
No other Avatar has given importance to service as a spiritual activity. Many people think of doing meditation, worshipping, or fasting as a spiritual activity; but Baba's message is not that! He says, "Service is religion, service is spirituality, service is God." That's all! Service is service to your Self as there is no other. Such a special Avatar!
So speak kindly, share and speak of His Divinity, speak of His eternity, and speak of His Avatarhood. Do not speak of your own biography! That's the first change we should make hereafter, along the path of Sai vision.
swami is universal and cosmic
Here is a second change that we should make: Many times we forget the fact that Sai Baba is international as we localise Him. He is not local, but global. A simple example: In my recent visit to Latin America (which I will not forget for a lifetime), they liked it very much when I was referring to the Holy Bible. Why? Most of Latin America is Christian by faith.
Suppose I go on speaking on the Vedas and Puranas, which they may never have heard about. That is not proper. They are all Christians, so I was speaking on Christianity. I compared Baba's message to Christ's message—how parallel they are, how similar they are! I spoke about how similar Baba's miracles are to Christ's miracles. So they liked that very much.
Therefore, what we should do now is to take an international approach, a multi-religious approach, a global approach to Sai message, so that it is acceptable all over the world. Never think of Baba as regional or national. No! He is international, universal and cosmic. Our approach should be in that direction.
Baba speaks from different angles. When He says that you should have money to the extent necessary—not too much and not too little—He uses the example of a properly fitting shoe. The shoe should not be too loose because then you will fall; but it should not be too tight because then you cannot walk. This example is applicable to everybody all over the world.
You cannot use examples like, "Kuchela was a beggar." Nobody outside of India will have heard the name 'Kuchela'. Nor can you say, "Sabari didn't have money," because likewise nobody will have heard of Sabari. So select those examples which everyone can relate to; they must be global, cosmic examples. To a Hindu gathering or in a temple, you can speak like that. But at the international level, or when speaking to people who are not familiar with Baba, we have to change our approach.
swami's approach to social aspects
Swami speaks about society. What does He say? When you change yourself, then society changes! When society changes, then the nation changes! When the nation changes, then the world changes! So He emphasises that the change begins with the individual. However, the approach is different today. The politicians say, "Change! Change!" but they do not change! (Laughter)
Most people say, "We should change!" Then how about you? It begins with you! That is Baba's approach to all social aspects. Politically, He wants everybody to follow correct principles: "Politics without principles are not only useless, but positively dangerous to society!"
He also says, "Politics is 'poly (many) tricks'! (Laughter) This is not true politics!" Ticks are the insects that bite your body, so there should not be 'poli-ticks' nor 'poly-tricks'. There should only be true politics! These are the things that we should bring out and share with everybody.
the divine projects
Thirdly, we should share with everybody about the Divine projects, the Divine plan! What are His plans? Today we are taken by surprise how Baba could think of those plans, and how could He think centuries ahead? Sai vision is not limited, and Sai mission is not only for the present. Sai mission and Sai vision are for centuries yet to come!
For example, He wants Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam. ("One family, one world.") The whole world is one family, but when are we going to realise it? Even in one family, we have divisions. Some will never care for their parents, or the daughter will have her own plan of action, while the parents will have their own aims as well. Today the very family lacks unity, so how can the whole world realise it is one family? Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam is a Divine mission, and it starts with our own family first!
So, let there be understanding, and let there be adjustment in the family. Instead, we want everybody to adjust to us! But nobody adjusts! Therefore, first you must understand, and only then you can adjust. However, we don't understand that!
These are the words of Swami, my friends. I am not just saying these things, no! I am responsible and come fully prepared for every talk. I cannot simply walk in and spend time. Every second is useful, and each talk should be purposeful and meaningful.
So Baba tells us that there is no unity in the family because there is no understanding and therefore, no adjustment. What is the result? Families are split! Just read the newspapers. The percentage of divorces is increasing, while children are running away from their families. The number of these cases is increasing. Why? Because there is no understanding!
the Divine Mission is 'Unity of Faiths'
Baba speaks of the 'unity of religions', of 'congregation of worship', and of the 'fellowship of faiths'. If one religion dominates, then how can you say that Baba's aims are fulfilled? How can you say that Baba's aspirations have come true?
So my friends, it is necessary for all of us, everyone of us, to know what Baba said about Christ, what Baba said about Buddha, what Baba said about Guru Nanak, and what Baba said about Zoroaster. Baba's view on the different religions is the 'unity of religions'. This is the Divine plan, the Divine mission. If you say, "I don't know anything except Veda", then how can I help you? Baba represents all religions.
Baba attended the Baha'i centre in Delhi. It was the first time I had seen the Baha'i mode of worship. The Baha'i temple in Delhi is one of the most beautiful buildings! I cannot describe this building. Swami sat there in front, along with the devotees during the Baha'i worship.
Each speaker spoke about a different religion, and then they all worshiped together. During the whole program, Bhagavan sat among the devotees. What does this mean? "All that you praise, every religion that you speak about, all those you worship are Me, Sathya Sai Baba only!" Therefore, we should never forget that the Divine plan and the Divine mission is the unity of all faiths.
the DIVINE PLAN is love
The path that He has shown us is the path of service, not the path of rituals. We see rituals everywhere. However, it is spirituality that is most important, not the rituals. The more you serve, the nearer and closer you get to devotees. This does not happen through performing rituals.
What is Baba's plan? Love! Who is Baba? Love! What is Love? Sai Baba, that's all! When we hate each other, when we fight with each other, when we are jealous of each other and yet say, "Sai Baba is God," it is something like an illiterate becoming an education minister, an alcoholic serving as excise minister, or a beggar serving as a finance minister!
When there is no love amongst us, we cannot call ourselves Baba devotees. Others will laugh at us. So where there is envy, where there is jealousy, where there is unhealthy meaningless rivalry and competition, there is no love at all. And where there is no love, there is no Baba! Therefore, we should always keep in mind that the Divine plan is Love.
the Divine vision is 'education in human values'
The next facet of the Divine vision is education in human values. Baba started this program in a big way, but we are no match for His speed. Baba's speed is so fast, like a jet fighter plane's speed, a terrific supersonic speed! With what speed He goes! In contrast, how slow we are! We're snails, going at a snail's pace, or earthworms moving along at an earthworm's pace, while He moves like a jet fighter plane! What unbelievable speed He has!
Education in human values is a beautiful program which Baba has given us. Educare is a wonderful program as well, but we are not maintaining His speed. We have to be faster in this fast-paced space age or nuclear age. You just cannot progress at bullock cart speed. Unfortunately, we are all proceeding at a bullock cart speed, while Swami is going at a very fast rate.
Therefore, there is every need to remind ourselves of the Divine mission and the Divine vision. We need to match His vision and speed as worthy devotees of a worthy God. I don't know if you like what I'm saying. I am sure you don't like it, but it's a fact.
We are lucky to have Baba so readily available, coming to us, excusing us, giving to us and forgiving us. But our Lord Baba is unlucky to have such third-rate devotees. Why third-rate? Because we are not carrying on His mission with as much speed as His mission demands! We are not fighting against the evil forces that stand as a threat to our institution, to our very Sai organisation.
We are not fighting against those persons who want to dismantle or demolish it, who want to hijack, kidnap, and abduct our devotees. There are various centres that are drawing our own people. I won't give examples here because it is not decent. Manners, courtesy, and etiquette come in my way. At the end of this talk, I will give the addresses outside!
For example, education in human values was started by Baba, but is being implemented by some other organisation in a better way, in a more popular way, and is consequently being recognised by the government.
Baba spoke of 'jyothi meditation' in the 1950's, but we have put off the jyothi (light) because we love the darkness of ignorance. However, this same jyothi meditation has been adopted by another organisation and is becoming very popular. One state government (I don't want to mention the name) granted Rs. 2 crores to construct a building for this group. So we have not even started yet!
Therefore my friends, we don't match the speed of Sai Baba, nor keep up with His leadership or vision. Neither do we match His velocity, momentum, or dynamism. In short, we are no match for Him! If we are honest with ourselves, we have to accept this. Therefore, we should speak along these lines wherever we go.
the sacredness of prasHanthi nilayam
Next we should speak of the importance, significance, greatness, uniqueness, sanctity, holiness, and sacredness of this Prashanthi Nilayam. We should speak of the uniqueness of this place. Why?
There are many people who are asking, "Why should we go there?" "What is there?" "How many times should we go?" "Who is there to receive my letters?" "Who is there to give me padanamaskar?" "Who is there to look at me?" "Who is there to talk to me in front of others?" (Laughter) "Who is there to give me a ring while others watch?" "What is there to see?" "How many times should I go?"
People are asking these kinds of questions, but we don't have the answers. Why? Because we are not spiritually strong; we are not established in spirituality. That's why we don't have spiritual answers. So the best thing to do is to avoid these questions and escape! I think it is better than giving foolish answers. It is better!
But why not ask, "My friend, dear brother, why do you go to Tirupati? Lord Venkateswara is everywhere. As God Venkateswara is everywhere, then why do you go to Tirupati? After all, what do you find there? He is everywhere! Why do you go to the masjid? You find only the Samadhi! Why do you go there? What do you find there in Buddha Gaya? Samadhi! What do you find in Gurudwara? Samadhi! What do you find there in Bethlehem and Jerusalem? The signs of Jesus Christ, who lived long ago! So why do you go there?"
They will say, "Shut up! I will go there if I want to. What is your problem?"
"It is not my problem, it is your problem!" No, my friends!
This life needs a living charger -- Sathya Sai Divya Samadhi
All of you use cell phones and know that a cell phone needs to be charged. If the cell phone is not charged, it is useless. So we plug in a charger and charge our cell phones. Our 'charging centre' is the Prashanthi Nilayam Samadhi! (Applause) What does that Samadhi charge? It charges every cell in every body!
This morning we have amidst us a very popular national professor, Prof. Lakhan Paul from Himachal Pradesh. He is not only very popular, but also a very famous scientist in the field of biology. I'm sure he will agree with me when I say that the body is made up of cells, and that these cells have to be charged. So we all need a charger. This life needs a 'living charger' and that charger is Sathya Sai Divya Samadhi. So, yes, you should go there!
One might say, "Well, I don't want to go there." Alright! Then throw away the cell phone because it's non-functional.
Therefore my friends, we should speak of this place as a kshetra mahima (a place of special leelas). Why do you go to Kasi, now known as Benares, or Ganges? Ganga is only water, H2O. The same H2O water is there in my pump also. But this tap water cannot be called Ganga. If I say this is Ganga water, the fellow who hears that will slap me on my face. He will give me two blows to remember for a lifetime! Even Chitravathi tap water cannot be called Ganges water either. No! Ganges is Ganges. Why? Arre, Ganges is there in Kasi, also known as Benares.
"What is there in Benares? What do you know?"
"That is a place visited by Adi Shankara, a place where people did penance, a place where saints and sages spend their lives. Kasi is not a small place. Kasi Viswanatha is not a small place at all!"
"Why are you visiting there again?"
"You don't find what's there anywhere else, my friend!"
So why do you go to Kasi? Yes!
Why do you go to Bethlehem, Jerusalem? That is the place associated with the life of Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of compassion. Who will give his life for humanity? Nobody! Christ is the only one who gave His life for the sake humanity. So I go there. Yes, I go to His birthplace! Why not?
I go to Gaya, I go to Sanchi, I go to Sarnath. In Sri Lanka, there is a place where Buddha's tooth is preserved in a tooth relic temple. Buddha's tooth is preserved there, right? We go there. Why? It is not your tooth, horrible tooth! It is Buddha's tooth, God's tooth! Because of this we go there.
PrasHanthi Nilayam is 'Manasa Gangothri'
Similarly, Prashanthi Nilayam is a place where God was born, moved amongst us, and blessed millions of people. This is a power station out of which the power is supplied, a thermal power plant, an amplifier.
This place is a Manasa Gangothri, a place from where the Ganges is born and flows down. The spiritual water of the Manasa (Divine mind) flows down from here, like the sacred waters of the Ganga flow down from Gangothri. Prashanthi Nilayam is Manasa Gangothri, where the sacred waters born in the mind are the waters of love, the waters of Divinity, the waters of humanity, and the waters of compassion.
Prashanthi Nilayam is Buddha Gaya. Why? Here people meditate and awaken their Buddha– buddhi or intellect. Everyone is Buddha! Buddha is not a person, my friends. The person was Siddhartha, who later became a Buddha by the awakening of his buddhi. This is the sanctum sanctorum, Buddha Gaya, where our buddhi will be awakened so that we will be a Buddha. Therefore we should visit Prashanthi Nilayam. So my friends, this is how we should speak of this place.
Advaita is a non-dual philosophy
Next, as we speak, as we share, we should know the modern trends, the latest thought and latest philosophy. How do we do that? Please go through Swami's discourses. Observe Swami's talks between 1950 and 1970, 1970 and 1990, and 1990 until about 2010 or 2011, and make a comparative study as a researcher.
In the beginning you will find only stories, stories full of jokes. For the next twenty years, He spoke on values and sadhana—what to do in life and how to meditate. What is spiritual life? What is dharma? What is karma? He was speaking along those lines. But for the last twenty years He spoke on Advaita only, the One-without-a-second. He spoke of Shankaracharya and Ramana Maharshi. Why? Today Advaita is scientific.
Advaita is a technological non-dualistic philosophy which touches the intellect of everybody. It's not time for our stories anymore. If I forget and tell some stories, people may fall asleep while I am talking. Sleeping is part of listening to the story, because as children we are there in the swing and grandmother starts telling a story. She stops when the grandchild falls asleep. So we also go to sleep when the story is under narration. So those days are gone, my friends!
The botany I studied fifty years ago is outdated! If I teach the same botany today, 100% of my students will fail. They will fail, no doubt about it! And the instruments they use in the laboratory nowadays are foreign to me. They were not used back then. Science has changed, and technology has changed. Baba has changed the technologies.
That's why I always say that Sathya Sai Baba is 'the latest God'. Though Baba did not like it, I said that! Why do I say He did not like it? In the Sai Kulwant Hall I said, "Baba! You are the latest God!" I got cheers and applause in the auditorium.
But then Baba got up and said, "Anil Kumar said Baba is 'the latest God'. God cannot be an antique or the latest! God is God! (Laughter) God is God. He is not archaic or modern, or ultra-modern. God is! That's all! Existence!"
I was laughing and enjoying it because I provoked God to make that statement. (Laughter) So sometimes Divine provocation helps us to learn more! We can learn more and more when we provoke. Yes! That was my experience.
I provoked Baba openly like that in the Kulwant Hall at another time also. Some lingam was being kept in the auditorium of the Sai Kulwant Hall, and people could see Baba's image there in the Siva lingam. Swami was giving darshan outside, but we were all looking at the Siva lingam inside. You may call it foolishness or ignorance, whatever it may be!
Swami asked me to speak. I said, "Swami, we are very much thrilled, excited, and ecstatic to see your image in the Siva lingam there!" Ah! Claps came from everywhere. All VIPs made a queue and stood looking at it!
Then Baba started His speech, "Anil Kumar said that all have seen Baba in the Siva lingam! When I am right here, why do you want to see Me in the Siva lingam there? (Applause) When I am here, you want to see Me there! What to do? What to do?"
Modern thinking is nothing other than Advaita or non-dualistic philosophy. Therefore my friends, we should change our approach in our talks, in our explanations and in our speeches, in order to suit modern thought. Non-dualistic philosophy will appeal to everyone, even children.
SWAMI'S STYLE OF teaching -- SCIENTIFIC
Why? Take my own example: I asked my grandson to teach me how to make a PowerPoint presentation. I said I have all the power and I have many points to make, but I don't know how to make a PowerPoint presentation.
That fellow just started teaching me. After five minutes he said, "I will do it for you. It is boring to teach you!" (Laughter) He says it's boring to teach me, so he will do it! Please teach me! Nowadays, school children play with computers. School children! They know all the latest techniques.
If I go on teaching using the 1950's or 60's model and approach of doing things, they will either go to sleep, run away, or ask me to remain silent, insisting that I must be exhausted. "Thatha (Grandfather), you are exhausted! You seem to be tired, so better take some rest!" That is the polite way of saying, "Shut up!" (Laughter)
Therefore, our approach should not only be scientific, but it should use the latest techniques. Talk to your own grandchildren first! If you can convince them, then you can take it to the street! You cannot force everybody to listen by closing the doors so they can't leave, and then speaking nonsense. You just can't do it!
Baba is the best example. Once He was speaking in the Hillview Stadium. He was speaking on science—pucca (correctly)! I could not understand a single sentence even though I am a student of science. I was simply translating, that's all! Hearing His words and translating, that's it! He was speaking and I was translating what I did not understand!
At the end of His talk, Swami asked, "How was the talk?"
"Swami, it was above my head! I could not understand anything!"
Then Baba said, "This morning's Convocation address was given by a great scientist by the name of Sundaresan. He is a very great scientist, so Swami spoke like that to let him know that Swami knows more science than he does!"
Others are scientists, but Sai is the source of science! Others study science and become scientists, but Sai is science. Baba is the very embodiment of science! How nicely Baba gave scientific explanations. We should have a separate talk on that!
All students and teachers of science should learn Baba's technique of teaching every topic in a scientific way, because some people will start a topic, go off somewhere in another direction, and then drop you anywhere! (Laughter) It is not like that with Swami. He has an effective technique. He starts at one point, speaks about all aspects of the topic, and then ends on the same point—the Divine technique.
We should watch carefully so that we learn from Him because Swami is very scientific. He is not rule-gathering, nor does He beat around the bush. We should learn His technique, and with it disseminate knowledge.
Baba is worshipped because of His service
It is time to diversify our service activities and increase them as well, so that they feel more the touch of Baba. Why? Baba reached the masses through His service. Baba is worshipped because of His service. So the more service we do, the nearer we will be to the devotees. (If we perform service like that, I don't know how many will be free to come to this gathering—maybe only a very minimum number, I am sure.)
So we should intensify our activities in the villages. In the Indian state of affairs, villages are most important. Villagers love rituals, big processions, dances, and music. Therefore, we should study the village culture and shape our activities accordingly. Then all villagers will be very happy to participate in the dancing, music, beating of drums, worship and processions. They will like it!
Therefore, we should present activities in a way that will be appealing to the inhabitants of the villages, and even more so to the women. Once the female population is convinced, men cannot escape! (Laughter) So to arrest the attention of the men, catch the women first. Then everything will be set right! (This is a confidential, yet public secret!)
leadership training is required to Spread the sai message
Then we should also know that training is absolutely necessary. We should train people how to spread the Sai message, how to speak on the Sai message, and what subject to speak about, depending upon what kind of gathering is expected.
For example, once a boy was speaking on his hostel experience at the International Youth Conference! I called that fellow to my room and gave him a good dose of what was appropriate and what was not. "You spoke of the hostel experience, tap water and all that, during the International Youth Conference? Chee, chee, chee…common sense is missing boy!" Therefore we should train speakers.
Take, for example, the Christian missionaries. Christian missionaries have training. Yes! In Bangalore, near Whitefield Hospital, there is the Ecumenical Centre, the Christian Ecumenical Centre. I am the product of a Christian College and I am proud of it! I went to see that Ecumenical Centre, the Christian missionary training centre. There was a round table with chairs and microphones fixed. At the centre was a big chair for a speaker, a board, a pointer, computer, projector, pads and white paper. They were discussing the DNA molecule with reference to the Holy Bible. DNA and the Holy Bible! That's exciting my friends, I tell you!
We should also train people on how to face questions. They should learn what kinds of questions they might get, what kinds of people they might face, facts about the Sai Organisation and its principles, and the quintessence of Sai's message. People definitely need to be trained. We cannot simply walk into situations like that, and expect to meet them without adequate preparation!
An actor cannot just walk on stage and act without rehearsals. A musician cannot sing straightaway away without any practise. A student cannot appear for examination without adequate preparation. Therefore, training is needed today! Leadership training is very much necessary. By leadership I don't mean bossy-ism, egoism, or acquiring a certain position. Our leaders need to know how to organise Balvikas, how to organise Mahilas Vibag, how to start a Sai centre, and other things like that.
cultivate an international outlook in our service activities
The techniques, modus operandi of the Sai Organisation, the methodology, the leadership training should be given to everybody and should have an international outlook. There are some people who say, "We are doing just that!"
 
What nonsense are you doing? The neighbours are doing more. I can tell you, my friends, impartially and unbiased: in South India, Kerala is doing wonderful work. Wonderful work is done in the state of Kerala. First-hand information! So, if I say that my people are doing good, it is like a frog in a well, unaware of what is going on outside.
We should look at what others are doing, so that we can copy them, emulate them, or take them as role models. What are other nations doing? What is being done in Singapore? Singapore service activities! Fantastic!
What is being done there in Jakarta, Indonesia? 108 water tanks were built by the youth there in a Muslim country. What has been done in Malaysia, also a Muslim country? There are many, many youth enrolled in excellent services in Malaysia.
What is being done there in Sri Lanka, a small country? 6000 teachers are trained in Education in Human Values! In a village, an area which has been totally bombed out (called Jaffna), 6000 teachers have been trained! On the other hand, I conduct some training for 20 teachers and say, "Aha"! It just shows that you don't have any idea of what is being done elsewhere!
How about in Argentina? Education has reached such heights: Education in Human Values is there at the school level, college level, university level and PhD level! All that is being done there in Argentina!
What is happening in Columbia? There are 500 Medicare doctors who hold satsangs every week and medical camps all over the country! So if we know what is happening outside, we will know where we stand. If you do not know what is happening outside, you might consider yourself great, just like that frog sitting in a well. So, know that we have that kind of service going on!
we should care for feedback to be better
Lastly, there should be review—where we can look at our goals and gather feedback. How far have we come? How much more needs to be done? What mistakes have we made? What is the public opinion? What are our strengths? What are our weaknesses? What are our pitfalls? How can we improve? We don't care for feedback. But we should care for feedback if we want to move ahead!
My friends, these points which I have highlighted, were in my talk on the Radio Sai Anniversary Celebration, which was broadcast all over the world. I want all of our English-speaking audience to know the contents of that talk, and therefore today I am speaking on the same subject. Our web site, www.saiwisdom.com, will carry all of these English talks, which are also available in twelve languages and are viewed by 50,000 or so viewers around the world.
So, this is for the benefit of people internationally. That's why I chose this topic. My intention is not to hurt anybody as a Sai worker. With forty years of experience in the Sai Organisation, I feel it's necessary to speak on this topic. I beg your pardon if you think it is diversion of attention.
Thank you for being here this morning! Thank you! Sai Ram! (Applause)
Om . . . Om . . . Om
Asato Maa Sadgamaya
Tamaso Maa Jyotirgamaya
Mrityormaa Amrithamgamaya
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti
Jai Bolo Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Babaji ki Jai!
Jai Bolo Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Babaji ki Jai!
Jai Bolo Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Babaji ki Jai!
 
 
sourced:
 




                        BENDICIONES                          

        AMA A TODOS - SIRVE A TODOS - LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL         

Share/Bookmark

Blogger Blogger YouTube Facebook Facebook Twitter Blog RSS Blog RSS Vimeo Scribd Blog RSS Facebook Page

No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario

ULTIMAS PUBLICACIONES